are you into dutch design? then you may not miss the eat’inspiration design.matters? !!! at the end of october it’s again dutch design week, a week with a focus on the widely acclaimed dutch design in all kinds of sizes and shapes. this prompted us to search for five dutch design icons as input for design.matters?; an eat’inspiration which is a tribute to dutch design in 5 dishes.
what food interpretations of dutch design will be passing by on your plate?
you’ll be treated on an upside down food=fashion statement à la viktor & rolf; you’ll taste jan des bouvrie (interior & product design), who changed the concept of white. dutch design & marcel wanders are often mentioned in the same breath, fast-paced he designs products and interiors, and we have taken his high speed approach as perspective to reflect his talent. in the field of architecture we have 2 favorites rem koolhaas en rietveld landscape. the work of rem koolhaas connects contradictions, is often huge and abstract. rietveld landscapes has touched us with the project vacantnl. last-but-not-least there will be an interpretation of the works by claudy jongstra which are inspired by stewardship, promotion of biodiversity and preservation of natural and cultural heritage in a contemporary way.
we found it very difficult to select 5 dutch design icons, too many favorites. so .. we start on october 20 with a first selection, and do not be surprised when every now en then we will present a new icon on the menu. the selection process was followed by research on the ideas, philosophy, and oeuvre. the findings will not only reflect in the shape of the dishes, but also in taste, presentation, used ingredients, texture, colours, combinations, and ….. various design matters? will be passing by while creating this eat’inspiration!
an eat’inspiration or eat’special
always consists of 5 dishes: an eat.cocktail, 2x savourish, 2x sweetish, and is preceded by a sneak preview, a dish that reveals something about the eat’inspiration.
the practical details
- the menu. click on following link for menu eat’inspiration design.matters? (in pdf format);
- matching cocktail. fruit.drop (alcoholic), and aperitif. colour.lab (non alcoholic);
- period. oct 20 – nov 24, 2012;
- opening.hours. fri + sat 18-22 hrs. outside opening hours only open by appointment for groups of at least 15 persons;
- reservations required. to avoid disappointments (limited seatings), by phone +31 (0)6 54 64 65 76 of by e-mail email@example.com;
- the pricetag. decide afterwards what a fair price is for the eating experience at de culinaire werkplaats.
- inform us about any dietary restrictions when you book your eat’in experience. it is a challenge for us to prepare something very, very special and inspirational for you.
choice of ingredients
- besides taste and inspirational concept at least 2 of the following criteria also provide for our choice of ingredients, products, and suppliers: animal welfare, small-scale or organic farming, fair trade, direct trade, season, distance, and personal health.