de culinaire werkplaats is an unique eating initiative & experience located opposite amsterdam’s culture park westergasfabriek.
it’s a design studio for contemporary and inspirational food concepts & narratives at the cutting edge of food & art.
the design studio has a restaurant section where you can book a so-called eat’inspiration, a 5 course theme-based dinner experience.
the team of de culinaire werkplaats creates & makes contemporary dishes, bites, delicatessen, new foods, and invents sometimes even new ways of eating. inspirational concepts, like ‘black’ or ‘flowers’, are guiding our creative perspective on foods & eating.
de culinaire werkplaats won the title of best benelux vegetable restaurant 2011 (october 25, 2010), received the golden tray for fairtrade@work by max havelaar (october 26, 2010), is one of the top 10 amsterdam restaurants according to specialbite.com, and is for the 3rd time recommended by the dutch gault millau.
besides taste and inspirational concept at least 2 of the following criteria also provide for our choice of ingredients, products and suppliers: animal welfare, small-scale or organic farming, fair trade, season, distance, and personal health.
- commission us to create a food concept and/or food narrative;
- book a seat and experience a 5 course eat’inspiration;
- invite us to design an adventurous cater’in, only when you have challenging requests;
- book our location for gatherings and special events that require an out-of-the-box setting and/or eating experience, such as brain.storms and brain.stills, product launches, weddings, press events…..;
- invite marjolein and/or eric for a presentation or guest lecturers about their views on the dinnerplate of the future, their projects, food concepts, etc.;
- let us organize and facilitate an inspiration workshop for new products and/or concepts;
- shop’in and buy from our ready-to-eat collection, ‘green’ pastry or tailor-made specialty breads that we call emotion.breads.
de culinaire werkplaats is a concept of marjolein wintjes and eric meursing. the ‘trigger’ of this business concept can be found some 8 years ago. at that time the initiators changed their personal lifestyle, discovered some hidden talents and were looking for new personal and business opportunities.
marjolein is a storyteller. she tells stories with food, e.g. with her emotion.breads of installations like deli.wear. fibers are her life. so the move from dietary fibers to textile fibers was a natural process. at de culinaire werkplaats you’ll find a lot of her work and she’s often working on commissions in the restaurant.
she makes amongst other things: meer…